Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV) are proud to sponsor the 4th annual Cantech Letter Awards. Each year, the awards recognize excellence in the Canadian innovation sector, which includes the technology, clean technology and life sciences sectors.
Held yesterday in Toronto as part of the inaugural Cantech Investment Conference, the 2014 Cantech Letter Awards have become a Bay Street institution and a must-attend annual for key players in Canada’s dynamic innovation industries.
Congratulations to the following Cantech Letter Award recipients:
- Cantech Letter TSX Tech Stock of the Year: Amaya Gaming (TSX:AYA)
- Cantech Letter Cleantech Stock of the Year: Pure Technologies (TSX:PUR)
- Cantech Letter Life Sciences Stock of the Year: Paladin Labs (TSX:PLB)
- Cantech Letter TSXV Executive of the Year: Al Hildebrandt, QHR Technologies (TSXV:QHR)
- Cantech Letter TSXV Tech Stock of the Year: BSM Technologies (TSXV:GPS)
- Cantech Letter TSX Tech Executive of the Year: David Baazov, Amaya Gaming (TSX:AYA)
The innovation sector on TSX and TSXV had a total market capitalization of over $135 billion as at December 31, 2013 – an increase of over 50% since the end of 2012. Over the course of 2013, innovation companies raised $6 billion in new capital through 280 financings, and there were 31 IPOs and new listings in the combined sector during 2013.
Our technology, clean technology and life sciences issuers have demonstrated sustained growth over the past year. We are proud to have welcomed new issuers from around the world at an average pace of one every eight business days in 2013.
— Ungad Chadda, Senior Vice President, Toronto Stock Exchange
Canada’s innovation sectors are finally getting the credit they deserve, and Cantech Letter is thrilled to shine a light on some of the early success stories in the sectors’ revival. The good news for those companies who are considering the public route is that Canada is home to equities markets, TSX and TSXV, which have grown into one of the strongest and most dynamic in the world.
— Nick Waddell, Founder and Editor of Cantech Letter