TMX Group recently announced its full-year 2010 statistics for activity on its diversified group of exchanges – Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, Montreal Exchange and Natural Gas Exchange (NGX). There was strong momentum in key measures.
- Combined volume on TSX and TSXV saw an increase of 4% over the previous record
- TSXV achieved an independent record in trading volume of over 67 billion shares, compared to the previous record of over 52 billion set in 2007, an increase of 29%
- TSX volume was down 12% compared to 2009 and full-year levels on TSXV far exceeded 2009 levels across all measures
- Montreal Exchange experienced an annual record in volume, exceeding the 2007 record and reflecting an increase of 28% from 2009
- NGX achieved a record in trading volume in 2010, with levels surpassing the previous record set in 2009 by 13%
- TSX and TSXV together welcomed 71 new international listings, compared to the previous record of 49 in 2008.
- TSX added 187 new issuers, including 119 IPOs, compared to 100 new issuers, including 60 IPOs in the previous year.
- Overall financing activity on TSX was down over the previous year but IPO financing on TSX more than doubled, with $10.7 billion raised compared to $4.8 billion in 2009.
- TSXV exceeded 2009 figures in all measures with 185 new issuers, including 142 IPOs. Total financings raised during the year increased by 96% over 2009.
Click here to access the trading statistics including equities, derivatives and natural gas.
Click here to access the financing statistics for Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange.