Yesterday, the Financial Post published a Joint Venture with Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) about the exchange-traded fund (ETF) marketplace. The four-page special feature looks at the growth of the ETF industry, both in Canada and globally, as well as the diversity of investment options available to investors.
Here is a closer look at the articles featured in the Joint Venture:
- Growing with the investment times – as investors look to diversify their portfolios to include new investments vehicles, one of the most compelling stories is the growth of the global and Canadian exchange-traded fund (ETF) marketplace.
- ETFs offer broad range of investment strategies – the growth in the number of ETFs listed on TSX has been significant in recent years. While the earliest ETF offerings were mainly focused on tracking indices, a wide range of vehicles are being introduced to accommodate diverse investment objectives, from risk aversion to income generation.
- ETFs open up a world of investment choices – in an investment climate that finds investors increasingly focused on generating returns in their portfolios, diversification is becoming an essential strategy.
- New online source for ETP information – TMXmoney.com has developed an online portal to help exchange-traded product (ETP) investors better understand the investment choices available to them.
In addition, three Canadian ETF providers – BMO Exchange Traded Funds, First Asset Exchange Traded Funds and PowerSharesCanada– participated in the Joint Venture by providing articles that give further insight into the Canadian ETF marketplace:
- Covered-call ETFs provide a security blanket for investors – the growth in ETF diversity is a response in large part to changes in market activity and investor demand. With the current environment of ongoing volatility, investors are looking for solutions to generate income without too much additional risk.
- Intelligent indexing puts a new spin on ETF investing – as investors become more familiar with the inner workings of the ETF model and demand for various strategies grows, providers are introducing a number of innovations that are capturing the attention of the investment community, such as intelligent indexing.
- Bond ETFs bring more diversity to fixed income strategies – the advent of bond ETFs has made available a wide range of opportunities that may help investors improve returns and minimize risk.
To view these articles, please click here.