TMX Group announced two new initiatives this week that leverage our 160+ years of experience in serving public markets… what’s particularly exciting for our business and our team, is that both initiatives provide us with new opportunities to serve private companies.
TSX Private Markets
Earlier this week we announced plans to launch TSX Private Markets: a service to facilitate capital formation and secondary trading of securities in the exempt market across Canada. With this new business, expected to launch in the third quarter of 2014 and, subject to regulatory approval, we will be able to serve companies throughout their evolution, whether they are private or public. Importantly, TSX Private Markets will also enable us to provide investors and shareholders with unique investment opportunities and increased liquidity.
TSX Private Markets will offer services for private and public companies:
- Secondary trading of private issuer securities and public issuer “hold period” shares;
- Facilitation of public issuers’ private placements;
- Capital formation for private issuers; and
- Management of shareholder registry.
With this service, where there is an exemption available from the prospectus requirements for a proposed transaction, TSX Private Markets will be ready to provide such capital formation and liquidity services.
Key aspects of TSX Private Markets will be operated by Shorcan: a wholly-owned subsidiary of TMX Group and a registered Exempt Market Dealer with over 35 years’ experience as an inter-dealer broker facilitating trades between brokers.
For more information about TSX Private Markets, please visit tsxprivatemarkets.com to register for updates leading to the launch.
This morning we officially launched TSX Ignite: a program designed to provide Canadian companies and entrepreneurs – at all stages of growth and from all sectors, both private and public – with tools and resources to help them build great businesses.
Through TSX Ignite we will deliver information on essential practices for any ambitious entrepreneur or manager of a small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME). There are two important components to the program:
- tsxignite.com is home to the program’s Learning Channel and other resources, including 60-second videos with expert information for entrepreneurs.
- Live events will be held across the country – from Halifax to Vancouver – to provide free information relevant to the growth plans of SMEs, including tips on raising capital and factors to consider when growing a company and hiring advisors. The first event will be held in Toronto on April 30.
With over twenty law firms, accounting firms and investment banks collaborating on the program, we are proud to provide a wealth of free expertise to entrepreneurs. We are also partnering with a diverse array of key industry organizations to promote the program across Canada.
In all we do, we are committed to supporting a vibrant Canadian economy and dynamic capital markets for companies and their investors. Both of these initiatives help us deliver on this commitment and now, more than ever, we have the privilege of serving an expansive spectrum of growing, innovative companies.
Filed under: TMX Group, Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Ignite, TSX Private Markets, TSX Venture Exchange |
Leave a Comment »